httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "FIN_WAIT_2 problem" on Irix (fwd)
Date Sat, 11 Jan 1997 02:32:13 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Someone from Apache who knows their TCP and who knows what our code is doing
> with respects to TCP should talk with someone at SGI who is similarly
> proficient.

Did they try compiling w/ NO_LINGCLOSE enabled?

> 	Brian
>
> On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Can anyone help ?

SGI and found that there was a Request for Enchancement (RFE) on this subject [ref# 228355]
but it was rejected by their engineers because they would need to go against T

> > CP specs.  This means that SGI has officially declared that they will not create
a work-around for the FIN_WIAT_2 hang problem.  We are taking around 7 million hits a day
over 21 web servers.  At this level, I am forced to reboot each server at least once

> >  a day.  I am following up with the sales/marketing side to put preasure on them
to see the errors of this descision, but this will take time.

> > The question:  In the mean time, does anyone there know what is different between
the 1.1.1 & 1.2b releases that is causing this problem to show itself now?  If the difference
can be located, perhaps a temporary fix can be created to the Apache code.  Is

> > there anything else you can tell me?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

> brian@organic.com  www.apache.org  hyperreal.com  http://www.organic.com/JOBS

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"