httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: summary of security issues
Date Sat, 04 Jan 1997 15:57:33 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > I wonder if we could "point" to an snprintf implementation, like the glibc
> > one, maybe tweaked a bit.  So if it fails say ... you can #define it to
> > sprintf or you can get this snprintf that is covered by the gnu library
> > license.
>
> I am not inclined to think overly highly of glibc.  In any case, it could
> take some work to yank the snprintf out of glibc, because we really can't
> expect people to use the whole glibc.  I'm not sure that a #define will
> work, it may need to be an actual subroutine.

Seems to me that the snprintf() implementation in sendmail would be
good for Apache... It doesn't support floating point, yet, but
it's pretty portable. We could add that to util.c for those OSs
that lack the real one.

PS: I have a "standalone" version of it available, ready to use.
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"