httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Request (fwd)
Date Fri, 03 Jan 1997 19:55:33 GMT

not acked.

Mmmm. -1

----- Forwarded message from Casey Palowitch -----

Date: 	 Fri, 3 Jan 1997 14:17:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Casey Palowitch <casey@phoenix.princeton.edu>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Request

Hi Apache Developers,

	First of all, thanks for a fantastic product.

	I'm wondering if you could stuff one more feature in before the
1.2 final release-- support for multiple access config files.

	The reason for this is a very good and practical one.

	Sites like ours that mount files from Novell or other 8x3
filename operating systems need to support htaccess files in those
directories, and it can't be the default (.htaccess).

	This modification doesn't really make sense as an additional
module, since it is a modification of the http_config and perhaps
http_core code.

	By the way, we're running Apache on all of our main production
webservers here and it has been performing wonders.  We've had lots of
pressure to use some of the dysfunctional servers out there.  No thanks!

Regards,

*+*  Casey Palowitch, Web Project Leader, Information Access Group
+*+  Princeton University Computing and Information Technology
*+*  casey@princeton.edu  http://www.princeton.edu/~casey/

----- End of forwarded message from Casey Palowitch -----

--
Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/