httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rob Hartill)
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Don't work proxy module." on FreeBSD (fwd)
Date Fri, 03 Jan 1997 12:58:03 GMT

The host you are trying to connect to may be down, or busy.

----- Forwarded message from -----

Date: Fri Jan  3  1:24:33 1997
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Don't work proxy module." on FreeBSD

Operating system: FreeBSD, version: 2.1.5
Version of Apache Used: 1.2.b3
Extra Modules used: proxy
URL exhibiting problem:

I have FreeBSD 2.1.5.
I dovnloaded tar archive and make all (how in Instalation files write)
I compile sourse with additional module - proxy module.
I started httpd. httpd - work. But when i try (in netscape proxy setting alredy set)
work with my proxy server to see on my clients screen  message :
Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle this request.
Reason: Could not connect to remote machine

What this means ?

Help me please.

Thank you for your time

This is university www server
and prowy will start too on this server.

----- End of forwarded message from -----

Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note:
The debate rages on: Is PL/I Bachtrian or Dromedary?

View raw message