httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject API docs format
Date Fri, 03 Jan 1997 02:35:04 GMT
	So I'm new at writing API docs. Could I have some feedback on
the following, with respect to the format of the entries? (i.e. I have
a few fields for each variable in each data structure.. are those the
right fields, do I need to put in more fields of info? .. likewise for
API functions..)

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777

request_rec:
	Field: method
	Type: char *
	Value: the request method. (GET/HEAD/POST)
	Change: (i.e. When can I change this?)

	Field: method_number
	Type: int
	Value: The request method, as an int (M_POST, M_GET, etc.)
	Change: ?

	Field: proxyreq
	Type: boolean
	Value: true if the request if proxy http

	Field: protocol
	Type: char *
	Value: the protocol of the client's request

	Field: uri
	Type: char *
	Value: the requested URI

	Field: filename
	Type: char *
	Value: The result of the URI->filename translation

	Field: path_info
	Type: char *
	Value: what's left in the path after the URI --> filename
translation.

	Field: args
	Type: char *
	Value: the contents of the URI's query string.

	Field: headers_in
	Type: table *
	Value: the client request headers

	Field: connection
	Type: conn_rec *
	Value: the conn_rec for this request

	Field: handler
	Type: char *
	Value: the handler for a request.

	Field: content_type
	Type: char *
	Value: the MIME content-type for the content to the client

	Field: content_encoding
	Type: char *
	Value: the MIME content-encoding for the content

	Field: content_language
	Type: char *
	Value: The MIME content-language

	Field: status
	Type: int
	Value: the reply status for client request

	Field: headers_out
	Type: table *
	Value: table with headers to be sent to client

	Field: err_headers_out
	Type: table *
	Value: table with headers to be sent to client, when
	       an error happens

	Field: no_cache
	Type: boolean
	Value: send or no-send Pragma: no-cache

	Field: subprocess_env
	Type: table *
	Value: the environment variables for scripts, subproceses

conn_rec:
	Field: remote_host
	Type: char *

	Field: remote_ip
	Type: char *

	Field: remote_logname
	Type: char *

	Field: user
	Type: char *

	Field: auth_type
	Type: char *

Functions
	Function: read_client_block
	Parms:
	Header:

	Function: get_remote_host
	Parms:
	Header:

	Function: send_http_header
	Parms:
	Header:

	Function: get_basic_auth_pw
	Parms:
	Header:

	Function: log_reason(request

	Function: rwrite(request_rec *r, int n, char *buf)
	Parms: r - the request_rec
	       n - number of bytes in buf
	       buf - pointer to data
	Action: Writes n bytes in buf to the client
	Header: http_protocol.h

	Function: rputs

	Function: rprintf

	Function: send_fd