httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject Re: HTTP/1.1 header problem (fwd)
Date Sat, 21 Dec 1996 01:51:17 GMT
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that they have a point. It's not
really reasonable to say that an http/1.1 server should respond to a 1.0
request with a 1.1 response, since that obviously is a major change in the
operating functionality according to the 1.0 spec.

Yes, according to the 1.1 spec, it should be able to respond with either,
but this seems like a change that should never have been made - since it
plainly goes against the statement about it being compatible with the other
versions of the same major version.

Granted, up till seeing this comment I was in agreement with everyone else
about this, but this throws a minor wrench in the works.

-- Nathan

At 1:30 AM +0000 12/21/96, Rob Hartill wrote:
>Duh...
>
>stuborn fools.

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                  Computing Services
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org