httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject fwd> problem with apache-1.2b1 and cgiwrap-3.5
Date Sun, 08 Dec 1996 18:23:32 GMT
I got this note on the cgiwrap list about cgiwrap not working with the new
beta, but it works fine with 1.1.1. It appears from the note that the
behavior of ScriptAliases with embedded path_info (the arguments to cgiwrap
in the scriptalias call) appears to have changed.

I have not verified this change in behavior, but I figured I forward this
note on to you all.

-- Nathan

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 09:54:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Daniel Pewzner <vegi@eskimo.com>
To: Nathan Neulinger <nneul@umr.edu>
Subject: Re: apache-1.2b1 and cgiwrap-3.5

Hi Nathan,
  Thanks for your reply!  Here is how cgiwrap it is used (its like this
now, but I can't leave it this way for too long):

<VirtualHost digisi.com>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/cgiwrapd/digisi/
</VirtualHost>

Normally I don't call cgiwrapd, but just cgiwrap, of course.  When I call:

http://www.digisi.com/services/guestbook01.html

I get the message.  Strange how it works fine if I'm running apache-1.1.1.
I haven't used any addhandler options.  My apache-1.2b1 Configuration
file is as follows:

Rule STATUS=yes
Rule SOCKS4=no
Rule IRIXNIS=no
Rule WANTHSREGEX=default
Module mime_module         mod_mime.o
Module access_module       mod_access.o
Module auth_module         mod_auth.o
Module negotiation_module  mod_negotiation.o
Module includes_module     mod_include.o
Module dir_module          mod_dir.o
Module cgi_module          mod_cgi.o
Module userdir_module      mod_userdir.o
Module alias_module        mod_alias.o
Module env_module          mod_env.o
Module config_log_module   mod_log_config.o
Module asis_module         mod_asis.o
Module imap_module         mod_imap.o
Module action_module       mod_actions.o
Module browser_module      mod_browser.o
Module agent_log_module    mod_log_agent.o
Module referer_log_module  mod_log_referer.o
Module rewrite_module      mod_rewrite.o
Module status_module         mod_status.o

And my access.conf is like this:

<Directory /home/www/ran>
Options All
AllowOverride All
XBitHack Full
<Limit GET>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>
</Directory>
<Location /status>
SetHandler server-status
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 205.199.135.10
</Location>

A few virtual hosts in the httpd.conf with the cgiwrap line mentioned
above.  If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks, Dan

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Nathan Neulinger wrote:
> I need to know more about how you've set up cgiwrap on your server.
> What was the URL you used for the example below.
> Are you using standard reference: /cgi-bin/cgiwrap/user/script
> or are you using something specific to apache (such as the addhandler stuff)
>
> At 11:09 PM -0800 12/7/96, Daniel Pewzner wrote:
> >  I seem to be experiencing a problem with apache-1.2b1 and cgiwrap-3.5.
> >It looks like the username is removed from PATH_INFO.  I'm now getting a
> >PATH_INFO with just '/scriptname', instead of '/username/scriptname'.
> >  Has anyone dealt with this?  Going with apache-1.1.1 works fine.  Maybe
> >I'm forgetting an Apache module in 1.2b1?  Any help would be appreciated!
> >(REMOTE_HOST and REMOTE_ADDR are correct)
> >
> >Redirecting STDERR to STDOUT
> >
> >Environment Variables:
> >   QUERY_STRING: ''
> >    SCRIPT_NAME: '/cgi-bin'
> >      PATH_INFO: '/guestbook01.pl'
> >    REMOTE_USER: '<NULL>'
> >    REMOTE_HOST: 'working.com'
> >    REMOTE_ADDR: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
> >
> >Trying to extract user from PATH_INFO.
> >Retrieved User Name 'guestbook01.pl'
> >
> >CGIwrap Error: User not found in passwd file.

--- end forwarded text

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                  Computing Services
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org