httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: install: tag in Makefile.tmpl
Date Mon, 02 Dec 1996 16:26:51 GMT
Paul> I wanted to see an install target and Tom said he already had a
Paul> script which he's sent me. I'll look at it after 1.2. For now I
Paul> think we should forget about it. We can do without lots of bug
Paul> reports about make install failing.

The script really only handles the "installing apache for the first
time" case.  We also have an install target in our Makefile, for those
who just want to reinstall the appropriate executables and such.

You'll see when you look at the script... little or no actual copying
is done.  Instead it is mostly concerned with setting up a simple
default docroot, and making an "apache" wrapper script that can be
used to stop/restart the server.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom