httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "missing #define in mod_expires.c" on Solaris 2.x
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 16:57:11 GMT
Randy> index() does exist on SunOS 5.5, so we either need to handle
Randy> this in Configure, or break out the OS specific stuff. Is there
Randy> a version identifying macro for 5.3?

Randy> The 5.5 manpage says that this is prototyped in <strings.h>.

On Solaris it is safe to just always use strchr.  Actually, I'm
suprised that anybody still uses index.  I thought strchr was the
standard function nowadays, and index the anachronism.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom