httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it
Subject Re: auth_anon
Date Sat, 21 Dec 1996 20:48:53 GMT

On Sat, 21 Dec 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Can auth_anon be mixed with other auth_ modules ?
>
> I'm dealing with a bug reporter who has auth anon and is finding
> that mod_auth_dbm declines because the user isn't in its DB.
>
> He says a plain mod_auth DB with auth_anon works.
>
> If anon and dbm can be mixed, can someone provide me with an example
> config.

:-) This is the usual authorative problem; and one of the reasons
there is an authroative flag in some of the auth modules. In general:

1. mod_auth_msql, mod_auth_anon, mod_auth_*_cookie and a few others
   which offer authorative will

	by default decline and pass on
	if ordered OK or REQUIRE access

2. mod_auth, mod_auth_db and mod_auth_dbm

	decline if no file
	OK or REQUIRE if there is

So if you make sure that the order in the modules file is first the
ones from group one and then the ones from 2 you can mix; but the ones
from 2 will not pass on to the ones in 1.

Dw.