httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Status of NT port
Date Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:48:41 GMT
On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> I've gotten a few queries regarding whether/how soon we'll consider an NT
> port.  I've gotten so sick of giving the same response I've created a web page
> for it:  http://www.apache.org/info/apache_nt.html
> Let me know what you think.

Looks pretty good. However, the third paragraph is, IMHO, overspecific
to the point of being wrong. I doubt an NT version of 2.0 would work
quite that way (Ben could probably tell us more about that), and I'm
pretty sure that if we made a Win32 version of Apache, it'd run just
as well on 95 as NT. I'd just say "Our current plan for Apache 2.0
includes possible compaibility with Windows NT, as well as other
design changes to enable other ports to other platforms as well. As
well as Windows NT, we are considering versions of Apache that run on
the MacOS and others."

Or something like that.