httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Trouble with Location/SetHandler
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 19:14:24 GMT
On Thu, 19 Dec 1996 rasmus@mail1.bellglobal.com wrote:

> Could we not simply always collapse leading slashes?  Obviously we
> want the ability to have consecutive slashes within the string, but I
> can't think of a situation where collapsing leading multiple slashes
> would create a problem.  It is certainly something that needs to be
> addressed quickly.

That doesn't really address the problem. What if I have

<Location /cgi-user/akosut>

Then what about /cgi-user////akosut?

We could always do something cheesy like collapsing all slashes except
those that come directly after a colon (that way, http://, etc would be
left intact).

The function, btw, that this would want to go into (in case anyone
wants to play with a patch) should probably be getparents().