httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Problems with Apache 1.2b1 and HTTP/1.1 pipelining (fwd)
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:48:12 GMT
Can someone who knows much about this stuff take a look at this (esp
the second URL)? It sounds like something we should look into fixing.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:59:57 -0500
From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <>
Subject: Problems with Apache 1.2b1 and HTTP/1.1 pipelining

Hi Alexei,

I have made some tests on how we can optimize HTTP/1.1 using pipelining.
The results are very promising - we can save more than 1/5 of the packets
and also time compared to both normal HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0.

For a preliminary paper on this, please have a look at

However, when running against Apache 1.2b1, I found some problems in the
apache output buffering. Please have a look at the description at

I hope you are the right person - please let me know whom I can contact.

PS: There are no other links to this page!

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, <>
World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356