httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: reset_timeout() in mod_cgi
Date Sun, 15 Dec 1996 18:19:30 GMT
On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 rasmus@vex.net wrote:

> File uploads that take longer than the default 400 seconds defined in
> httpd.conf were timing out for people using mod_php.  I added a reset_timeout()
> call to the client block read loop.  It now looks like this:

[...]

> This seems to have fixed the problem.  Should the same not be done to
> mod_cgi.c?  It uses exactly the same mechanism to read from the client, and
> it should have exactly the same problem with long file uploads.

Hmm. Sounds like a good idea to me. +1

On another note, I haven't seen any response to the patch I sent a few
days ago (in response to some mail from Dean Gaudet) that added a
FILEPATH_INFO env variable in util_script.c. I would rather like to
see that in 1.2, as it at least makes some old (and IMHO, somewhat
broken) CGI scripts at least be modifiable to work with 1.2 (right
now, they have no way of working).

If no one got it (I did, though), should I resend it?