httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: auto-updated apache docs on wbesite
Date Tue, 10 Dec 1996 21:38:41 GMT
On 10 Dec 1996, Paul Richards wrote:

> The cron job should be removed. We should update the site when we're
> ready too not automatically from some cron job. This is a work area not
> a web site, we may spend a few days upgrading documentation and you
> don't want that being displayed on hyperreal. I haven't looked at the
> cronjob but I suspect it's simplying doing a cvs update which will be
> pretty bad when the release is made and we branch.

Agreed. Especially after the release, as I said earlier. We don't want
2.0 docs to show up on the web site until we release a 2.0. This isn't
for "security" reasons or anyhing, it's just that it makes sense - it
would get rather confusing to have our only public documentation be
for a release six months hence. We can have a
http://dev.apache.org/docs/ that's automatically updated if we want.

When people want to update the docs, they can go to the directory and
type "cvs update" themselves. And they can update it to the 1.2.x
branch after we release 1.2.0.

> I think the .htaccess file should be removed from cvs.

I've already done this. But the cron job still needs to be removed.

Brian, can you add the following (or similar) to the www.apache.org
config?

<Directory */CVS>
deny from all