httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: 1.2b2
Date Tue, 10 Dec 1996 05:10:08 GMT
On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Ok, 1.2b2 has been rolled and is sitting in the standard spots.

Sounds good. I do have one note: how about changing the web page so it
says "second beta" instead of "first beta", and so forth.

> Brian, I have copied the docs tree onto the server. If you could
> handle it from there, much appreciated.
>
> BTW - I moved the previous docs dir to docs-oold. Nuke it if
> you feel we can lose it.

We need a better way of dealing with this. I still haven't heard any
good reasons not to simply check out the manual into
www.apache.org/docs/, and then we can just run cvs update on it
whenever we make a change (we'd need to branch it after 1.2 is done,
so 2.0 docs don't appear until their time, but we can worry about that
later). If we throw a <Directory */CVS>deny from all</Directory> into
access.conf, I don't see any sort of problem with that.

Thoughts?