httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: 1.2 final timetable
Date Fri, 06 Dec 1996 05:39:40 GMT
On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Do we have a timetable for a 1.2 final release ?
>
> I mentioned Jan 1st a while back. Ben showed an interest in keeping
> us on track as a release manager for that. Now that 1.2b is out there,
> we've picked up some momentum and a Jan 1st release date looks
> comfortable, even with the xmas holiday period, so we probably won't
> need to be dragged kicking and screaming to get there.

Sounds good to me, assuming no major problems show up.

> A more formal plan/timetable for 2.0 will be very important though. IMO.
> Does anyone have their eye on the manager's job for 2.0 ?

I don't think we need a timetable yet - at least not for a release. We
do, however, need a plan on how to start. The idea, as of last July,
was to start with RST's threaded version of Apache. I don't recall
seeing Rob post any messages here in a while, so I don't know what the
current status of that it. If that would still be the idea, we'd have
to update with all the 1.2.0 status (assuming RST hasn't done that
already), then plug it into the CVS tree and let people play with it.

We also need to incorporate other things. An NT port, for example,
would need to be worked out and incorporated. If we wanted to reformat
the code, that's something that needs to be scheduled and done
(hopefully) in a well-fashioned manner.

For the rest, though, I think we can just go for a "let's take six
months and do stuff to Apache" approach.

I'd manage 2.0, if no one else wants to.