httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject CHANGES
Date Thu, 05 Dec 1996 02:09:50 GMT
On a related note... when we make any source-level changes to the
beta, can we please edit the CHANGES file to refelct that as well? As
I've said before, I believe that for beta and minor updates, it's
important to tell the user exactly what's going on. When you go from
1.1 to 1.2, it's fine to say "A whole bunch of stuff has changed,
here's a list of new features." But between 1.2b1 and 1.2b2 I don't
imagine the what's new list will change much, so (and as a user of
software myself, I've gotten really infuriated when people don't do
this), we need to provide a list of things that *have*
changed. src/CHANGES provides that.

At the very least, I know that since 1.2b1, there have been some
updates to Configure, some bug fixes regarding portability of various
things, and maybe some stuff I've missed.

It would be really nice if the people responsible for these could
update src/CHANGES, and future source changes in the beta cycle could
likewise update the file. Thanks.