httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: another SunOS4 problem
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 21:28:45 GMT
On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Why is
>
> #include <regex.h>
>
> in conf.h?  This is totally unnecessary and causes problems when compiling
> the support programs (and the 95% of apache that doesn't use regex).
> It should be moved to those files that use regex routines.

No can do. I tried that, and it doesn't work. util.c and alloc.c need
regex to provide various utility functions, and these functions are
prototyped in httpd.h and alloc.h, which are included by every file
(neccessarily). Since the prototypes for these regex-using functions
need to use regex' data types in their defenition, we need to include
regex.h everywhere.