httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: bug -- vhosts not sending Vary: host
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 01:12:23 GMT
On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> As you can see
>
>     HEAD /home.html HTTP/1.1
>     Host: dev.apache.org
>
>     HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>     Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 18:12:48 GMT
>     Server: Apache/1.2b0
>     Last-Modified: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 06:34:21 GMT
>     ETag: "75393-6ea-30aecfed"
>
> we should be sending Vary: Host if the virtual host server-path
> influenced the entity selected.  This can wait til 1.2b2.

Yeah, I suppose... So that means that, if any of the virtual hosts are
based on the Host header, we should send Vary: Host, even if that
specific vhost isn't? Hmm. I suppose that's doable, although I think
you might end up having to keep the info on whether any of the vhosts
are Host-based in a global variable, though.