httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: install: tag in Makefile.tmpl
Date Sun, 01 Dec 1996 22:51:16 GMT
On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> This was brought up recently, but I don't remember a resolution.
>
> Would there be great oposition in adding the following install:
> tag to Makefile.tmpl? PREFIX would of course need to be defined.

Rob complained. I agree with him: httpd.h stays in the source, and
goes nowhere else. It really isn't designed to provide prototypes for
Apache util functions, although it does. Besides, it includes half a
dozen other files (conf.h, alloc.h, buff.h), and it'd just be a mess
at this point.

And I don't want an install script that just kinda half does the job,
especially not this close to a release. An install script should,
IMHO, install the binary, but also install the htdocs directory, and
set up some config files with good default settings specific to the
user's configuration. I think Tom or Paul or someone had mentioned tha
they had something like this.

In other words, -1.