httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject more fan mail
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 07:23:03 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 10:37:59 +1100 (EST)
From: Michael John ROWE <mjrow@students.cs.mu.oz.au>
To: brian@organic.com
Subject: Just installed Apache - it's great

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Apache 1.2b2 web server on our Linux
box. I am emailing to congratulate you on the quality of your release.
There are lots of _helpful_ doc files which explain exactly where
everything is and what it does, and the html docs are great, too. On top
of that, I compiled it and got it up and running first time, with no
obvious problems at all.

I've spent too many hours fiddling with other software, trying to get
it to work, and I really appreciate it when I can just download it,
compile it, and get it running with no problems at all.

Congratulations on a very high quality piece of software!

Michael Rowe
Network Administrator
St Hilda's College
University of Melbourne, Australia