httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject IETF get-together
Date Wed, 04 Dec 1996 05:39:43 GMT

Okay, so, remember that informal get-together I proposed a few months ago for
the IETF?  Well the IETF is here next week, so I just wanted to send a ping out
to anyone thinking of being in the Bay Area at the time.  You all are invited
to come on over to my place overlooking San Francisco for an evening of wine,
cheese, music, merriment, schmoozing, and just general non-email-based
communication, Wednesday December 11th, starting at 8pm and going until 10-11
or so. Directions are below.  Again, this is not a formal event - dress down,
bring chips or whatever (I will be providing food too), though do try to arrive
near 8 so we get some sense of critical mass.

NOTE: if that appears to be a bad night due to late IETF sessions of interest
to this group, I am pretty flexible about moving the date.

If you do plan on attending, please RSVP (send me a note), and mention if you
plan on bringing a guest or two.  I've got enough room for a party of 30 or so,
and I doubt it'll be anywhere near that large, but I just want to make sure.
You are of course welcome to bring guests.

Also, many of you attending the IETF will probably be car-less.  Hopefully you
all can arrange carpooling with someone who has a car in the bay area - if not,
let me know and I can arrange a special pick-up from the CalTrain station or
something.  It's not really easy to get to my place by public transit
unfortunately.

 Directions:

My apartment is at 545 Burnett, Apt. 105, closest cross-street is Hopkins.

Take the 101 north to Army street, go west (it bends around to the left)
Take Army street west about a mile or so
Right on Church
Left on Clipper
Clipper through a bunch of stop signs and then goes up a long hill - at the
  top of the hill is a stop sign, and then a traffic signal at Portola.
Get in the right hand lane, and go straight through Portola up yet another
  steep hill - now you are on Burnett.
Follow Burnett as it winds down a couple of bends, and after 1/2 mile or
  so you'll be in front of 545 Burnett.
Park anywhere, and ring the button labelled "105".

See ya there!

	Brian