httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject list/newgroup announcement, www.apache.org changes
Date Sun, 01 Dec 1996 20:16:47 GMT

I'll volunteer, then, to handle the announcement and the changes to the
www.apache.org web site.  Randy, when you roll the tarball, put them in
/export/pub/apache/dist.  I will:

1) Move the existing docs hierarchy to docs-old just in case
2) cp -R htdocs/manual /export/pub/apache/docs
3) Set up a couple of redirects for anyone trying /docs/1.1/, etc.
4) Update dist/CHANGES and dist/header.html.
5) Update the top-level index.html
6) Send announcements

As for the announcement, I plan on sending the following text, along with
the CHANGES file from the top-level.  Please let me know what you think - I
plan on sending this around 10pm PST when network latencies are their lowest.
Randy, please let me know when you've rolled the tarball.

###

  After a long wait, the first beta of Apache 1.2 is now available.  You may
download it from http://www.apache.org/, or from one of its many mirrors as
soon as they are updated.  Apache 1.2 represents roughly 8 months of constant
development and fine-tuning, and incorporates literally dozens of significant
enhancements and features contributed by Apache users around the globe.
Though this is just a first beta, it is running and stable on a large
number of web sites, both commercial and educational.  We feel it is now
worth consideration by a larger audience.  The new features are outlined below;
please download it and give us feedback.  Thanks!

###

	Brian