httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject Compiling apache1.2b2 on Nextstep (fwd)
Date Tue, 10 Dec 1996 19:30:23 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 96 11:07:58 -0500
From: Bartley Troyan <Bartley_Troyan@BLaCKSMITH.com>
To: "sanguish@blacksmith.com" <Scott.Anguish@BLaCKSMITH.com>,
    Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.com>,
    Alvin Austin <alvin@cs.usask.ca>, Dan Gutchess <dgutches@cs.bu.edu>
Cc: bart@BLaCKSMITH.com
Subject: Compiling apache1.2b2 on Nextstep

Hi all,

The apache group still hasn't totally fixed the Nextstep compile... however,
this fix allows it to compile.  Credit for the following is partially due to
Alvin Austin <alvin@cs.usask.ca>, whose fix last time was partially
incorporated in the 1.2b2 release.

Insert the following text at line 196 of src/conf.h:
/* begin NEXTSTEP additions */
#ifndef rlim_t
typedef int rlim_t;
#endif
/* this line from /NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/netinet/in_systm.h */
typedef u_long  n_long;                 /* long as received from the net */
/* end NEXTSTEP additions */

Also, in the Configuration file, I needed to set the Rule
Rule WANTHSREGEX=yes
It didn't work for me with the default, which I believe is no for Nextstep.

These changes allow it to compile mostly cleanly, with a few warnings,
although I have my suspicions about how well the status module is working with
my Motorola hardware.  The Intel hardware version also seems to be fine
although it's not getting beat on as much. Haven't been able to test HP or Sun
hardware yet.

If anyone figures out how to get it to compile perfectly cleanly, please let
us know, or incorporate your changes into the 1.2b3 release.

Thanks
Bart
--
Bartley R. Troyan