httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: availability of CVS repository
Date Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:46:04 GMT
On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Rob Hartill wrote:
> >
> > I pointed Brian at cvsup recently. Last I read, it hadn't been ported
> > to anything other than FreeBSD so its usage is limited (unless use by
> > Apache is the catalyst needed to get more people interested in porting it).

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to make it work on other systems;
the hardest part (and biggest barrier) is likely to be getting a working
modula3 compiler.  That can range from annoying to impossible, depending
on your system; the modula3 compiler is generally an ugly (and large)
thing to build.  Then you need libz and libmd.

> According to the note below, CVSup uses threads - though whether these are
> internally implemented is not clear...

The threads are almost certainly Modula3 stuff; once you get the compiler
working, that shouldn't be a problem.