httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@vex.net
Subject Re: Cookies & MSIE (fwd)
Date Tue, 10 Dec 1996 02:54:56 GMT
> At 5:25 PM 12/9/96, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >Any idea if MSIE has strange interactions with cookies?  Which versions
> >first started supporting cookies?
> >

> off the top of my head, i don't think they do support cookies in pre-3.0,
> but it looks like ie 3.0/Win95&NT does ... i have ie 3.0b/mac on my mac and
> there's nothing in "options" to turn cookies on or off but it keeps
> cookies.txt in the Explorer Cache folder and it keeps the cookies from
> levi's ...

MSIE is picky about the order of headers.  Perhaps this is what we are
running into.  I found that in order to get authentication to work the
WWW-authenticate header must precede the HTTP header.  Perhaps we are
hitting another header ordering problem, although at least with 1.1.1
MSIE understands cookies sent by PHP through Apache, and I just insert
the cookies in the headers_out table and call send_http_header(), so I
don't believe there is a problem.

-Rasmus