httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@mail1.bellglobal.com
Subject Re: Blaze??
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 15:37:43 GMT
> How is this different than KeepAlives?

Well, imagine you have a long HTML document with inline gifs.  The first
inline gif reference is going to cause the browser to send another request
before the first request has finished and thus not hit the keep-alive.  This
of course assumes that the browser is configured to open up multiple
simultaneous connections.  With Blaze I imagine that the entire html part
would need to load before the images would come across the same tcp connection.

I don't quite see why it would be any faster than a KeepAlive session though.
And I don't think users would like that.  Perhaps they do some sort of
multiplexing on a single connection such that the first inline is coming
through at the same time as the html over a single connection?  That would
be nuts.

-Rasmus