httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Version of server-generated HTML?
Date Mon, 23 Dec 1996 15:33:43 GMT
    I'm working on a mod to the Apache server that will result in it sending
    back some HTML it generated itself, rather than obtained from a
    provider-based source.  The HTML I want it to generate happens to be 2.0
    compliant, but it sparked my curiousity: is there a common denominator
    version of HTML greater than which the server shouldn't generate?  In
    other words, is it acceptable for the server to generate Wilbur-compliant
    HTML (suitably labeled, of course), or must everything be 2.0 and no
    higher?

    I see that the modules that *do* include a <!DOCTYPE> tag all state 2.0
    compliance..

    #ken    :-)}