httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ed Korthof" ...@organic.com>
Subject AOL stuff
Date Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:21:00 GMT
I agree that a code level patch of the sort I sent earlier is not ideal.  I'd
prefer to see a generalized HeaderMatch occur before other modules, right after
we've parsed the headers; why was that rejected?  Assuming that's not possible,
I'm not sure how to allow authentication, w/o either a code level patch or a
module running at a nonstandard place.  Here's the list w/ descriptions for the
hooks:

/* initializer */
/* dir config creater */
/* dir merger --- default is to override */
/* server config */
/* merge server configs */
/* command table */
/* handlers */
/* filename translation */
/* check_user_id */
/* check auth */
/* check access */
/* type_checker */
/* fixups */
/* logger */

<sigh> not mod_auth.c -- mod_access.c.  mod_access.c:check_dir_access is called
at 'check access', and I think that is where the DECLINED status & 401 error
code originate.  mod_browser.c:fixup_browser_module (that's where environmental
variables are set) is called at 'fixups'.  Can I move fixup_browser_module to
earlier in the table w/o creating problems?  Does that make sense?

I'm still hoping that AOL will fix their proxy in the near future.  If not, I
would suggest a generalized HeaderMatch early on, and, as crufty as it is,
sending HTTP/1.0 if 'forceoldproto' is defined in the subprocess_env table as
per Randy's patch.

Ed

--
     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --