httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problems with Apache 1.2b1 and HTTP/1.1 pipelining (fwd)
Date Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:56:03 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Can someone who knows much about this stuff take a look at this (esp
> the second URL)? It sounds like something we should look into fixing.

I've taken a look. I'm somewhat mystified that bytes are being lost - you'd
have thought we'd have seen this in other circumstance, but perhaps not. It
might help to know which bytes are lost.

It seems to me that not flushing the response would be problematic - a client
that was not pipelining would presumably wait indefinitely for the end of the
response before sending the next request. I suppose it might be possible to
move the flush into the wait for the next request, and only flush if it wasn't
already queued.

Cheers,

Ben.