httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Listen appears to be broken under 1.2bx (fwd)
Date Wed, 18 Dec 1996 09:28:08 GMT
I've had some nasty problems with Listen, too. I didn't have the energy to
construct examples to report the problem, so I left it, then forgot about it.
In order to get Apache working on two ports, I had to have:

Port 8000
Listen 8001
Listen 8000

<virtualhost myhost:8000>
</virtualhost>

<virtualhost myhost:8001>
</virtualhost>

ALL of these were required, as far as I could work out. Leaving any of them
out had various undesirable effects. Particularly disturbing was that I seemed
to need a virtualhost for the "main" server, which is different to the
behaviour when listening to multiple IPs.

This is from memory+my current config file, so I may be slightly wrong...

Cheers,

Ben.