httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: indent and .indent.pro
Date Wed, 04 Dec 1996 18:58:09 GMT
> FYI the .pro file is not doing what I would expect, and damned if
> I can figure out why.

Looks like it completely screwed up on the for loop.  What version are
you using?

> We should probably add a '-l70' as well. Without it, it sure makes
> a mess of the copyright.
>
> Roy, can you tell me what needs to be changed?

Not right now -- I only committed the agreed-upon profile, and then
stopped when people complained.  It needs to be tested on a number of
files and have the rest of the indent options added until it is as
good (and reliable) as possible.  Even then, the user will still have
to go through the file afterwords and manually adjust some things.
There will be some cases where the existing file is already better
formatted than indent.  I am about to turn into a pumpkin for a month,
so I won't be able to do it.

.....Roy