httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject And now for something completely different, irrelevant and silly:
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:39:23 GMT
In the departmnet of silly things; I just had to update
our mirrors for some other project and got fed up with
having to lookup all the names of all the machines,
so added them to our domain as CNAMEs with a country
prefix. Saves you having to remenber like
arcane.something.obsucre.uni.near.loughb.ac.uk

You could do the same for the apache mirrors:

	www.uk.apache.org
	www.it.apache.org
	www.us.apache.org

saves people thinking and it _might_ make them use their
countries nearest mirror as a first stop.

DW.