httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Apache 1.2b1 patches for QNX 4.23, Watcom 10.6 (fwd)
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 18:34:20 GMT
> src/http_protocol.c - found a possible bug, assignment in boolean expression?
>
> On line 219 there you assign r->chunked to 1 in a boolean expression, which
> doesn't look quite right.
>
> However I've met people who like using && and || to replace if statements,
> so could you please let me know whether this last one really is a bug
> or not?

Sorry, it is not a bug -- it is a silly side-effect mechanism for setting
chunked output if the output is not already length-delimited.  We should
have put a comment in the code.

> BTW - do you know which browsers support HTTP/1.1?

W3C Amaya and the W3C line-mode browser.

 ...Roy T. Fielding
    University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-3425    fax:+1(714)824-4056
    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/