httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: escape_uri bug fix never applied
Date Sun, 01 Dec 1996 15:06:14 GMT
>> > What about os_escape_path()?
>>
>> That one was already correct.
>
> I'm glad to hear it. But unless I've gone bonkers it would seem to escape
> different characters. Is this the way it should be?

Probably not -- os_escape_path escapes more characters than escape_uri;
the difference is in characters which do not need to be escaped, but
can be if desired.  I prefer the minimalist approach, but I wasn't willing
to change os_escape_path without knowing exactly how and why it is used.
In other words, I couldn't figure out why we had two different escaping
functions, and only one of them was incorrect.

.....Roy