httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Configure fails on OSF/1 V2.0" on OSF/1
Date Wed, 04 Dec 1996 17:58:22 GMT
Rob Hartill <> writes:

> Hmm, very strange.
> I'll forward the info to the developers list.

> >Symptoms:
> >--
> >The following results from an attempt to run
> >Configure.  I've tried it on two OSF/1 boxes with
> >lots o' available memory.
> >
> >Using 'Configuration' as config file
> > + configured for DEC OSF/1 platform
> >swap space below 10 percent free
> >Unable to obtain requested swap space
> >Unable to obtain requested swap space

A stab in the dark. Is this person using a swap file mounted on an
ordinary filesystem which is almost full?

Some VM systems allocate swap to pages even if there's lots of
free memory. If OSF is such a system and he's also making use of an
additional swap file mounted on a ufs partition then that might cause
the above to happen. If he wants help debugging this then the output
of df and swapinfo (or the OSF equivalent) would be the first step.

In any case, it's *extremely* unlikely that this is an Apache bug.

  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

View raw message