httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES
Date Tue, 03 Dec 1996 10:32:52 GMT
Randy Terbush <randy@hyperreal.com> writes:

>   !   *) VirtualHost's based on Host: headers no longer conflict with the
>          Listen directive.
>
>       *) OS/2 compatibility enhancements. [Gary Smiley]
>   --- 48,54 ----
>
>       *) More mod_auth_msql authentication improvements.
>
>   !   *) VirtualHosts based on Host: headers no longer conflict with the
>          Listen directive.
>
>       *) OS/2 compatibility enhancements. [Gary Smiley]

Least confusing way to write this is,

"VirtualHost directives based on Host: headers ......."

or maybe, re-reading it it should be

"VirtualHost environments ...."

don't pluralise the directive names, it will confuse people who will
inevitably misread it and try to use them.

It's a minor nit we'll find more of these as we go along.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155