httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Release Management
Date Mon, 09 Dec 1996 09:33:33 GMT
Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com> writes:

> I'm right now working on the reentrant problem in log_error().
> I think this needs to be dealt with if possible. I'm currently
> trying to gleen some extra knowledge from Stevens on signal handlers.
> Seems that we need to sigsuspend() the current mask when heading into
> things like log_error(). Comments welcome. I'll mail a patch to the
> list shortly.

If you can't find a way to deal with this properly in time then just
remove all the fatal signal handling. I don't personally see that it
does anything useful. Changing to a specific directory to dump core is
not crucial and having a line in the log is just not worth the hassle.

Nice frills but if they're causing stability problems they should come
out of 1.2.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155