httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Memory fault ?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:46:14 GMT
Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com> writes:

> I can't tie it to anything based on time/logs. It just ends up on STDERR
> from a cron based server restart.

Is the cron job starting Apache properly, i.e. in the right directory,
correct paths etc. I'm not sure we've really nailed down all the
configuration problems yet.

set_signals is called very late, Apache does all the configuration
stuff, including calling setup_prelinked_modules, before the signal
handlers are installed. Any problems during the setup will not get
logged. I suspect this is what's happening.

Compile a server with -g and run gdb on the core dump to find out
where it's happening.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155