httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Memory fault ?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 1996 18:27:31 GMT
Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com> writes:

> It didn't happen during startup. I usually find them in my cron mail
> but this one appeared on the console after a manual shutdown/restart.
> The error appeared long after the restart.

Ok, the other possibility is a signal when in the signal handler.  This
is since the signal handling fixes, before in all likelyhood the server
would get stuck in a recursive loop to the signal handler, with the
current code the signal handler is *not* called if a signal is pending
in the signal handler, instead it will just die.

This may be what's happening. Is it just one child that's dying? Is
there a core dump somewhere? Is this a standard server or one of your
mod_perl versions. Is mod_perl dying or some reason after restarts?

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155