httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Config file `programming language'
Date Mon, 23 Dec 1996 14:34:04 GMT
Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com> writes:

> Both m4 and yacc are not standard tools on MS-NT that I am aware of.
>
> Reality sucks.

There aren't any standard development tools on MS-NT!

We'll have to think about this later but we shouldn't rule out the use
of development tools because of particular platforms unless it's a
real showstopper, which it isn't for NT since the first thing you have
to do is set up a development environment and it certainly isn't for
yacc since you can distribute the generated files with the source
which is not an uncommon practice i.e. you don't need to run yacc on
the target platform you run it before you tar up the sources.

I don't think the NT port should rely on proprietary development
tools, we need to make sure it's compilable with gcc and other free
tools.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155