httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: weird crash
Date Mon, 02 Dec 1996 10:02:56 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
> >I've been noticing something weird about running my test server.
> >If the server is running in the background when I re-make the
> >executable, the parent server just dies.  There is nothing in the
> >error_log, and no core file is present.  All the children die on the
> >next request to the server.
> >
> >   % uname -a
> >   SunOS kiwi.ics.uci.edu 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-4
>
> SunOs does that :-)
>
> I used to find it core dumping with a bus error when doing the same thing.

I had the same experience at my SOLARIS 2.5 box.
Although, sometimes not all processes were killed.
Sometimes a couple stayed running. The reason??

It looked like those processes were not 'used' at
that time, but after such an overwrite each
running processes crashed by an individual
request.

--
Harrie

0----------------------------------------------------------0
   Harrie Hazewinkel
   Email  : harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it
   WWW    : http://porto.jrc.it/    [-with SNMP-]
   Postal : Centre for Earth Observation
            Institute for Space Applications
            Joint Research Centre of the E.C. - TP. 950
            Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy
   Phone  : 39+(0)332+789384
   Fax    : 39+(0)332+785461

Ik ben Harrie en ben 27 jaar en doe SNMP na. MIB, MIB.