httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r...@imdb.com (Rob Hartill)
Subject Re: error compiling apache on sunos (fwd)
Date Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:54:25 GMT

This one I can't work out. Some how, "Configure" has created a bad Makefile.

Anyone ?

----- Forwarded message from Ofer Inbar -----

From: Ofer Inbar <cos@leftbank.com>
Subject: Re: error compiling apache on sunos
To: Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:15:34 -0500 (EST)

I found 1.2b4 today, thanks!  Now, awk doesn't complain anymore when I
run the Configure, however I get a bad Makefile and I can't run make.
It complains about "unexpected end of line" on line 48, so I looked
and saw this:

###############
# Platform: SunOS 4
# Final Rules:
#  Rule WANTHSREGEX=default
yes
###############

I had set Rule WANTHSREGEX=yes, and thought this might be the problem,
so I commented that line out, set it back to default, and re-ran
Configure.  That generated the same bad Makefile, so I deleted my
"# Rule WANTHSREGEX=yes" line altogether, and then Configure generated
a usable Makefile.

If I set WANTHREGEX=yes and fix the Makefile by hand, the make
fails.  If I leave WANTHREGEX=default, the make succeeds.

  --  Cos (Ofer Inbar)         -- cos@leftbank.com cos@cs.brandeis.edu
  --  The Left Bank Operation  -- lbo@leftbank.com http://www.leftbank.com/
 "OSI is a beautiful dream, and TCP/IP is living it!"
   -- Einar Stefferud <Stef@nma.com>, IETF mailing list, 12 May 1992

----- End of forwarded message from Ofer Inbar -----