httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 responses
Date Sun, 29 Dec 1996 05:12:08 GMT
> On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > I still think it should be possible for Apache to send 1.0 responses to
> > selected clients. I also think this should be done with BrowserMatch (as should
> > auth). To do this we need to add the "header parse" API. I'm still prepared to
> > produce a patch for this (and I don't even have to ruin an evening to do it).
>
> I still think this is a bad idea at this point. It's very late in the
> beta cycle, and we should really be at the point where we should be
> closing up Apache 1.2, not adding more stuff to it.
>
> I just don't think it's a good idea.
>
> FWIW, Ben, can you explain exactly where in the request process this
> "header parse" phase would come into play? I think I'm still a bit
> hazy on that point.

I would much prefer to see this available in 1.2 general rather than
some late add-on patch when we discover that we absolutely need it.

I have faith that Ben can do this with minimal impact.

In a perfect world, this sort of thing should not need to go
into a Beta. However... we have a justifiable need for this
functionality. Lets get it in and get 1.2 out the door.