httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject AOL
Date Tue, 24 Dec 1996 17:57:16 GMT

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Jonathan" <jon_r@pacbell.net>
To: <randy@zyzzyva.com>
Subject: "AOL says no...
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 01:45:30 -0800

AOL says "no" to request for proxy address for Rancho Cordova, CA based
Vision Service Pan.

In a request made by technical contractor J. Raflowski, "AOL refused to
give me alternate proxy address for Eastern based customers that used AOL
as an ISP". said the tech, "We had customers that were unable to use our
service", costing the non-profit organization an unspecified amount.  "I'm
sorry", said the Corporate Technical CSR, "i tried to find out but was told
not to give out any information regarding our proxies", said bluntly, "Its
like they're top-secret or something".

have fun,

jonathan raflowski

------- End of Forwarded Message