httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: BrowserMatch (was Re: AOL patch)
Date Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:45:18 GMT
> Ed Korthof wrote:
> >
> > As for what to check w/ BrowserMatch, I would advise looking for "AOL" as
> > well as "aol".  I've only seen the latter as part of "aolbrowser", so it
> > might be safer to search for that, but we're currently just checking "AOL"
> > and "aol".
> >

> You know, I've been thinking (a novel thing)... Maybe we should NOT
> go to all this trouble hacking around AOL's mistake. If there's a
> solution, even if it is ugly, and people start using it, it
> reduces the strain to AOL to fix it. I would prefer doing what
> we can to keep their feet to the fire about this.
>
> Comments?

The only reason I am running this (and I'm not running it on every server)
is that I am under a certain obligation to do what is within my power
to see that AOL l^Husers are able to get to some of the content on our
servers.

It might also be worthwhile to put the aol-http.html document on a
server that AOL can reach since it is nearly as important to get the
true reason for the problem to the AOL subscribers.

Anyone know how to mail 'all'@aol.com? :)