httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: BrowserMatch (was Re: AOL patch)
Date Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:31:16 GMT
Ed Korthof wrote:
> As for what to check w/ BrowserMatch, I would advise looking for "AOL" as
> well as "aol".  I've only seen the latter as part of "aolbrowser", so it
> might be safer to search for that, but we're currently just checking "AOL"
> and "aol".

You know, I've been thinking (a novel thing)... Maybe we should NOT
go to all this trouble hacking around AOL's mistake. If there's a
solution, even if it is ugly, and people start using it, it
reduces the strain to AOL to fix it. I would prefer doing what
we can to keep their feet to the fire about this.

      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"

View raw message