httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "ftp proxy error bad gateway" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:30:28 GMT
On second thought (and further examination of what comes back from
ftp.seattlelab.com, this site seems totally hosed.

*Should* I attempt to support this?

BTW, the last patch fixes Martin's second problem.

Chuck Murcko liltingly intones:

> Hi. Windows NT (at least the version on this server) returns 0 as an FTP
> return code, while isn't allowed by the FTP spec.
>
> I guess we'll just allow 0 as a return code from now on in the proxy.
> Expect that in 1.2b3.
>
> Nice how these guys follow standards. 8^(
>
> Rob Hartill liltingly intones:
> >
> > not acked
> >
> > ----- Forwarded message from martin@tech.ifb.net -----

> > From: martin@tech.ifb.net
> > To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> > Date: Mon Dec 16  5:59:23 1996
> > Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "ftp proxy error bad gateway" on Solaris 2.x
> >
> > Submitter: martin@tech.ifb.net
> > Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version: 2.5.1
> > Version of Apache Used: 1.2b2
> > Extra Modules used: ftp proxy
> > URL exhibiting problem: ftp://ftp.seattlelab.com/
> >
> > Symptoms:
> > --
> > The following message is displayed when visiting sites
> > that can be tested without a proxy and using the same
> > user name and password as the proxy uses:
> >
> > 	Bad Gateway
> >
> > 	The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> >
> > the logs show :
> > 	[16/Dec/1996:12:30:31 +0000] "GET ftp://ftp.seattlelab.com/ HTTP/1.0" 502 -
> >
> > Also there is a carrige return line feed problem when
> > viewing text files ftp'd down (the file appears as one line)
> >
> > --
> >
> > Backtrace:
> > --
> >
> > --
> >
> > ----- End of forwarded message from martin@tech.ifb.net -----
> >

> chuck
> Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
> And now, on a lighter note:
> The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that
> will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful.
> 		-- Mark Twain.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.