httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "ftp proxy error bad gateway" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Sun, 22 Dec 1996 15:44:00 GMT
Hi. Windows NT (at least the version on this server) returns 0 as an FTP
return code, while isn't allowed by the FTP spec.

I guess we'll just allow 0 as a return code from now on in the proxy.
Expect that in 1.2b3.

Nice how these guys follow standards. 8^(

Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> not acked
>
> ----- Forwarded message from martin@tech.ifb.net -----

> From: martin@tech.ifb.net
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Mon Dec 16  5:59:23 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "ftp proxy error bad gateway" on Solaris 2.x
>
> Submitter: martin@tech.ifb.net
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version: 2.5.1
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b2
> Extra Modules used: ftp proxy
> URL exhibiting problem: ftp://ftp.seattlelab.com/
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> The following message is displayed when visiting sites
> that can be tested without a proxy and using the same
> user name and password as the proxy uses:
>
> 	Bad Gateway
>
> 	The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>
> the logs show :
> 	[16/Dec/1996:12:30:31 +0000] "GET ftp://ftp.seattlelab.com/ HTTP/1.0" 502 -
>
> Also there is a carrige return line feed problem when
> viewing text files ftp'd down (the file appears as one line)
>
> --
>
> Backtrace:
> --
>
> --
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from martin@tech.ifb.net -----

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that
will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful.
		-- Mark Twain.